Thursday, July 11, 2013

Viral Marketing Methods



I understand everything about mascots. They are great. Take hostgator, for instance, they have a gator with cool shades basking in the sun. The motto says: We eat up the competition.

Here's an example of agility and boisterousness and yet calm, sure power - all at the same time. Instant trust.

Your mascot represents some sort of geekiness wrapped in a capo. When I see it, I can't help thinking about The Big Bang Theory show. I don't think you want your service to be associate with a couch potato, who happens to be a geek and who pictures himself as a superman. What would make it even funnier, if you put this motto underneath: Competition, here I come!

I know it's not your intent to make people think/feel that way, but that's what is going to happen (at least for some).

By the way, I am not trying to be insulting or anything like here. I am sorry if I come across as very straightforward. You don't have to listen to me, but I believe if you're serious about your service and want it to have a competitive edge in the years to come, you should start thinking competitively, seeing a bigger picture.

YOUR COMMENT